The IET faculty website service allows faculty members to setup their own websites in a matter of seconds and immediately begin posting to the world wide web.
The service uses the open source content management system, WordPress, that many faculty either, already use, or have had some contact with in the past, making entry into the software simple. For those without previous experience, making Posts and Pages is similar to using a standard WYSIWIG text editor.
The service provides the following features:
- Easy to using blogging platform
- Content tagging
- Create user profiles for research team members
- Publications management, including import/Export in BibTeX format
- Image gallery and media management capabilities
- Easily add video from YouTube, Vimeo, and others to you pages and posts
- Choose from a selection of customizable themes or work with Academic Technology Services to customize your theme
- Connect your social media sites to your website
- Maintain and events calendar