Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your site’s “Comments” admin screen.
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
After activating the plugin, how do I activate my Akismet account?
You’ll need to sign up for an Akismet API key. Once you’ve done that, go to the Plugins page of your site’s dashboard, and select the “Activate your Akismet account” button. Enter your API key, and you should be good to go!
Where can I get more information?
More information for this plugin can be found at the developer’s website or at the WordPress support page.